Report a Crime

Crime prevention cannot be achieved by the police alone. Together professional law enforcement officers must work hand-in-hand with the public to fight crime and neighborhood disorder throughout our communities. As such, we depend heavily on your assistance in reporting crimes to the police.

Emergency: Call 911Laying of Wreath - Copy (2)

Call 911 and ask for Police when:
  • Someone is badly injured or in danger
  • There's a serious risk to life or property
  • A crime is being committed and the offenders are still there or have just left
  • You've come across a major public inconvenience, such as trees blocking a highway
  • Any of these things are happening now or have just happened.
If you can't decide if it's a real emergency and you're still worried, call 911 and ask us. We'll help you work out what to do.

Non-Emergency: Call 901.475.4300

The Atoka Police Department contracts dispatching services through Tipton County Emergency Communications District (E911).  When you call this phone number, you will be put in touch with a trained dispatcher that will ask you a series of questions to help provide law enforcement with all available information for a successful response.  These questions are designed to help you find the right resource as well.  You may be sent to another agency for help, such as, animal control, the power company, etc.

Below are some examples of when to call the non-emergency number:

  • You wake up to find your vehicle missing.
  • You have additional information to add to a previously reported situation.
  • You were assaulted two hours earlier, and the suspect is no longer there.softball 2 - Copy
  • Your identification was stolen.
  • Your "ex" keeps calling and harassing you.
  • The neighbors are playing their music too loud, and they won't listen to you.

Neighborhood Nuisance: Call 901.837.5308

These are usually neighborhood nuisance situations such as overgrown grass and plants, trash, or abandoned cars on private property.  These types of calls are handled through our Town of Atoka Code Enforcement Department.  You can call the number above or you can report the issue online.  Refer to the tab on the home page of our website titled, "How do I", then click "Report a concern"

Reporting Crime Online / via Social Media / via Email20180129_235739890_iOS 1 - Copy

You can NOT report crime online or via social media or email as you have to speak with a police officer so that we can get all the right information.

Anonymously report additional info regarding any crime previously reported OR report info regarding persons using, selling or distributing drugs OR info regarding persons involved in threatening activities that may concern Homeland Security.  Please call us at 901.837.5302